Autumn officially begins today! That’s good because it was already very hot, I already want cold.
Although here there is still time for the cold to feel, the mornings are a little cool so I took the opportunity to drink this delicious coffee with pumpkin spiced with cinnamon and cloves to welcome autumn, the best season along with winter hahaha.
My love for pumpkin started in Paris. On the days that I had classes all day, I would arrive and all I did was lie down to rest my feet.
My dinner on those days when it was already cold (sometimes very cold) was a pumpkin cream that I only heated on the stove or microwave with what I had cooked that day in class.
Back at the apartment, I would buy a baguette or bread to accompany my soup but I almost never ate the soup with the baguette because I would finish it on the way.
The funny thing is that the bakery where I bought it was ONE block from my house.
Maybe you don’t feel like mixing a coffee with pumpkin but it tastes very tasty, very autumnal if autumn has a flavor hahaha.
To make this latte, they will heat the pumpkin, vanilla, milk, brown sugar, and spices in a pot or in the microwave.
If you heat the milk in the microwave be careful because it can drip. As you can see in the photo I used a little bottle of “pumpkin spice” but I haven’t seen that one here, I brought it from Laredo once.
But fear not, you can make your own pumpkin spice mix, the recipe is below.
When the milk is hot, fill the cups halfway with coffee and fill the other half with the pumpkin and milk mixture.
You can serve it like this on its own but I highly recommend accompanying it with whipped cream and a little brown sugar on top.
If you let it sit for a while the pumpkin will sink to the bottom, just mix it with a spoon and you’re done. He left you the recipe.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES
Pumpkin Spiced Latte:
- 1 cup almond milk or your favorite
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice recipe below
- 1 ½ cup or more hot extra strong coffee
- Whipped cream to taste
- Brown sugar to decorate
Pumpkin spice – Spices for pumpkin:
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Heat and mix in a small saucepan the pumpkin, milk, vanilla, 2 to 4 tablespoons of sugar and the mixture of spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves).
- If you do it in the microwave, pour into a microwave-safe plate or cup and mix the ingredients. Heat for 1 or 2 minutes until the milk is hot.
- Pour in the coffee and fill halfway through the cups, fill with the milk-pumpkin mixture.
- Taste the coffee and sweeten to taste (if it needs more sugar for you, I don't take it so sweet)
- Decorate with whipped cream and a little brown sugar.