If you have a Tassimo coffee machine, surely you want to enjoy the exquisite quality of your drink for a long time, but, I am sorry to tell you that your dream can come to an end if you do not periodically carry out a deep cleaning known as descaling.
It is important to know how to descale Tassimo coffee machines since it allows you to remove plaque and lime deposits that clog the internal ducts and alter the taste of your drink.
And you will ask yourself, where did the lime come from? The answer is simple, these calcium residues and other minerals are present in the water you use to prepare coffee and, as it passes through the valves and hoses of your coffee maker, they tend to dry out and encrust.
It seems serious, but don’t worry, the solution is in this article. Here I will tell you all the details to descale a Tassimo coffee machine step by step, so you can’t miss it.
- 1 Materials needed to descale Tassimo coffee machines
- 2 When should I descale my Tassimo machine?
- 3 10 steps to clean and descale your Tassimo coffee machine
- 4 Bosch Tassimo descaling process on video
- 5 Descale Tassimo with vinegar or lemon (home method)
- 6 Useful tips for cleaning and descaling Tassimo coffee machines
Materials needed to descale Tassimo coffee machines
Descaling your Tassimo coffee machine is so easy and simple that it requires only one commercial product to complete the procedure. do you want to know what is it about?
I’m talking about a descaling product. They are quite common products, so you can buy them in physical stores or through a simple online purchase.
The presentations most used by Tassimo consumers are the anti-lime tablets that the Bosch brand itself markets for descaling its Tassimo coffee machines.
In addition, other best-selling products that I also recommend are these: (coming soon)
Other necessary materials that you surely have at home are:
- 500 ml capacity container
- Clean, soft cloth or towel.
eye! Important announcement
I must tell you that all Tassimo coffee machines include a fundamental piece necessary for descaling called the Service Disc or cleaning T-disc. If for some reason you have lost it, you need to buy a new one before your coffee maker triggers the descaling alarm.
When should I descale my Tassimo machine?
The technology of the Tassimo machines is very innovative, and they have a light alarm system that activates when descaling is imperative, so you must be prepared.
Now, if you are one of those who make the most of your capsule coffee machine by consuming more than three cups a day, you surely deserve to reward it with descaling before the alarm indicates it.
In general, you can sense that your Tassimo coffee machine needs to be descaled when:
- Your drink lacks its original flavor and body.
- You get less amount coffee per capsule.
- Your coffee is not hot.
- No liquid comes out of the beverage spout.
- The indicator light is red.
The manufacturer recommends descaling the Tassimo coffee machine about 4 times a year.
Is it time for your coffee pot? So don’t stop reading what follows.
10 steps to clean and descale your Tassimo coffee machine
In this case, the process will be detailed using Bosch Hogar brand cleaning and descaling tablets. Remember that each presentation offers its instructions for use, although the procedure is almost always the same.
Without further ado, I will show you the 10 steps you need to follow to descale your Tassimo coffee machine. Go ahead, the process only takes 30 minutes!
- Fill the water tank up to the descaling mark and insert two descaling tablets. Fit the water reservoir on the coffee maker.
- Remove the service T-Disc from the coffee maker and place it on the brew head, close the head well.
- Remove the cup holder and drip tray, place the container to collect the liquid.
- Place the coffee maker in “descaling mode” by pressing the Start/Stop button for 5 seconds to start the process. It will take approximately 30 minutes; at the end, the light alarm for descaling and the water tank will come on.
- Extract the water tank, wash it very well, clean it with a cloth and fill it with water up to the maximum level and insert it into the coffee maker.
- Discard the descaling liquid from the container and place it back in the outlet.
- Press the Start/Stop button to start cleaning, the process ends when the descaling light alarm is on without flashing.
- Repeat the cleaning process (steps 5-6-7) 3-4 times.
- Remove the service T-Disc from the brew head and store it in its compartment, insert the cup holder and drip tray into the brewer.
- Fill the water tank to the maximum level and that’s it, your coffee maker is ready for its next use.
Simple, right? You invest only 30 minutes and the life of your coffee maker thanks you.
Bosch Tassimo descaling process on video
My intention is for you to properly descale and clean your Tassimo coffee machine, that’s why I’ve brought you a simple video so you can visualize the entire process.
As a curious fact (or SPOILER for some), pay attention to the video and pay attention to the alerts of the Tassimo light system during the process, it will help you to be patient and not make the mistake of interrupting the descaling.
I also suggest that you save this article among your favorites, so you can refer to it every time you have to descale your Tassimo coffee machine.
Descale Tassimo with vinegar or lemon (home method)
I must start this section by informing you that the use of vinegar to clean coffee machines, lemons, or any other homemade solution other than commercial descaling tablets IS NOT THE OPTION RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. I explain why you should not use vinegar to descale coffee machines here.
I understand that you want to save your finances by using these homemade ingredients, however, you are shortening the life of your coffee maker.
I will give you a simple and honest explanation, despite the fact that they are natural products with great disinfection properties, including descaling, their capacity is not equal to the effectiveness of descaling tablets and you could damage the machine.
If you take this option as the only descaling alternative, your Tassimo coffee machine will never be completely free of calcium deposits, they will accumulate more and more until the damage is irreversible.
You can use these ingredients as a regular cleaning option, but never replace Tassimo’s descaling with tablets, as indicated by the manufacturer.
Useful tips for cleaning and descaling Tassimo coffee machines
I could not finish this article without giving you some extra tips so that the descaling of your Tassimo coffee machine is a complete success.
- Do not alter the instructions for use of the descaling tablets.
- You must wait for the descaling tablets to dissolve completely before starting the process.
- Prevent the descaling liquid obtained from coming into contact with the rest of the coffee maker or your skin.
- Don’t run out of descaling tablets.
- Insert the Service T-Disc into the brew head barcode side down.
- Do not press any buttons while descaling is in progress.
- Do not lift the lid of the brew head during descaling.
- Do not use chlorine or commercial cleaning products to clean the inside of your coffee maker.
To resolve any questions about descaling a specific model of Tassimo coffee machines, I suggest you consult the brand’s instruction manual.
And you, what are you waiting for to descale your Tassimo coffee machine? Be grateful to your machine so that you can continue to enjoy its exquisite quality.
” Thanks for reading 🙏❤️🙏 stay tuned “